This is cooked during fasting days. It is quick to make and can be eaten by itself.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp ghee or butter
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4-5 fresh curry leaves
- 2 tbsp crushed roasted peanuts
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper/ Red chilli powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro/corriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Wash, peel and grate the sweet potato.
- Heat the ghee in a skillet.
- Add cumin seeds and curry leaves and saute for a minute.
- Add grated sweet potatoes, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Saute for a minute, then cook partially covered on medium heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, till potatoes are just tender.
- Add the crushed peanuts and saute for a minute more.
- Turn off the heat, then stir in lemon juice. Garnish with cilantro.
Sweet potato can be grated in water to avoid discoloration. You may loose water soluble vitamins by this method. You can keep all the ingredients needed for the recipe ready and then grate sweet potato and use it quickly.