On Ekadashi, navratri, or any other upvaas days we can make quick and easy
Upvaas Spicy potato sabzi
• Boiled potatoes -4, cut into cubes
• 2 Green chilies chopped
• Jeera/cumin seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
• Turmeric ¼ tsp
• Salt- to taste
• Lemon juice
• Chopped Cilantro – for garnishing
• Butter/Ghee or oil 1 tbsp.
• Boil potatoes and cut into medium size pieces, add salt and turmeric.
• Chop Green chilies and cilantro and keep it aside.
• Heat oil/ghee in a pan. Add jeera, chopped green chili, let it splutter for 1 minute.
• Add chopped boiled potatoes.
• Sauté them for a while.
• Add 2 tbsps. of water which will help to coat the potatoes with
butter, green chilies and cumin seeds mixture. Cover and cook for 2
• Garnish it with Cilantro and lemon juice. Serve