Fried crabs are spicy and can be served with rice and curry or as an appetizer.
- 6 medium size Crabs cleaned
- 1 ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 3 tsp chilly powder
- 2 tbsp rice flour (coarse)
- 1 tsp salt
- Oil for shallow fry
- Wash crabs, clean and marinate in salt for 10 minutes.
- Apply chilly powder, turmeric powder to the crabs and keep for another 10 minutes.
- Heat frying pan, smear with little oil.
- Roll crabs in rice flour and arrange them separately on frying pan.
- Pour 3 to 4 tsp of oil over them.
- Let them fry on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Then turn over using tongs and let it fry for another 6 to 7 minutes.
- Add oil if needed.
- Fry until they are light brown.
- Serve with Rice and fish curry or can be eaten by itself.