Takachi Kadi is god for digestion and helps to cool the body in summer.
2 cups Buttermilk or 1 cup curd/yogurt mixed with 1 cup of water
1 tbsp gram flour/Chick Pea flour
7-8 Kadipatta/Curry Leaves
2 to 3 Green Chilies
1 tsp crushed ginger
2 tsp Jeera/Cumin seeds
1 inch Cinnamon sticks
1/4 tsp asafoetida/Hing
1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
2 tsp clarified butter (Ghee)
Salt and sugar to taste
- If fresh curd/yogurt is used for the recipe, add 1 cup of water and whisk it to get the buttermilk.
- Add gram flour to the buttermilk using a wire whisk;
- mix it to remove the lumps.
- Chop chilies and coriander leaves.
- Add salt, sugar.chopped chilies and ginger to the buttermilk.
- Heat a pan, add 2 tsp Ghee, and add cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon.
- When they begin to splutter add fenugreek seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Pour the buttermilk into it.
- Add some water if required.
- Keep stirring continuously to prevent the buttermilk from spoiling and to prevent formation of lumps.
- Bring it to boil. Then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve with hot Rice.
- Variations: You can add 1tbsp of fresh chopped turmeric to the Kadi