Sungtache Hooman/Prawn Curry is delicious curry made with coconut and prawns. It can be served with Rice. In konkan area it is served with brown rice/ukade tandul.
- Prawns/Shrimps 2 cups, peeled and deveined
- Coconut 1 cup, finely grated
- Tamarind size of a small lemon
- Turmeric Powder 1 tsp
- Chilli Powder 1/2 tsp or 5 dried red chilies
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- Onion 1/2 cup finely chopped
- ¼ cup of radish/mooli (optional)
- salt to taste
- oil 1 tsp
- Wash prawns and marinate with salt, a pinch of turmeric powder and a pinch of chilli powder for about 10 minutes.
- Grind grated coconut, tamrind, coriander powder, chilli powder to fine paste. Set aside.
- In little oil fry onions till golden brown and add prawns and small pieces of radish.
- Let it cooked covered for about 10 minutes.
- Add coconut paste to it and around 1 cup of water. Let the curry boil, uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Adjust the consistency by adding water. Serve with plain white rice.