is tasty and quick appetizer cum side dish. It can be served with rice
and curry. It can be also served with tomato sauce as an appetizer.
- 1 cup small prawns cleaned, de-veined
- 5 tbsp fresh shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup onion chopped
- 1-2 tbsp chopped tomato
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 finely chopped green chilies
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 cup besan
- 1/2 tbsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- salt as per taste
- 2 tbsp oil for frying
- Add about 1 tbsp of salt to cleaned deveined prawns and keep aside for about 5-10 minutes.
- If you use big prawns or shrimps, cut them into small pieces.
- In the mean time Mix all the ingredients except oil .
- Add prawns and mix well.
- Now heat Tava and add little oil and spread the oil on tava to avoid sticking of prawn cakes.
- Take the prepared mixture in hand and shape it like a cutlet.
- Arrange it on tava. Turn them after 5 to 7 minutes.
- Fry until cooked and crispy.You can also user 14/ cup of besan and 1/4 cup of rice flour for crispiness.