Sakhar baat/sweet Rice is prepared during festive season and special occasion. It is easy, quick, tasty recipe.
- 2 cups Basmati rice
- 1 ½ cup Sugar
- 4 cups of water
- 1 tbsp Cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp Raisins
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 6 Cloves
- ½ tsp Elaichi powder
- ¼ tsp Saffron
- Orange color optional
- Wash rice and keep aside for 30 minutes. Boil water in one pot.
- Heat ghee and fry raisins, cloves, and cashew nuts for 2 minutes.
- Add rice and fry on low flame for 5 minutes. Add boiling water and cook till rice is completely done.
- Now add sugar, saffron (diluted), elaichi powder and color (optional). Saffron will give color to rice.
- Mix well and cook for another 4-5 minutes or until mixture dries up. Spread 2-3 tsp ghee if necessary.
Sakharbhat is ready. This can be stored for about 4 days.