Sabudana Kheer is made during fasting days and also for prasad on festive ocassions
- 1 cup Sabudana/Sago/Tapoica
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 cup Sugar(according to taste)
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- A pinch of Nutmeg Powder
- chopped dry Fruits(cashews, almonds,walnuts,raisins)
- 3-4 strands Saffron(optional)
- Wash sago with cold water. Drain and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Put milk to boil in a vessel. When milk boils, add sabudana and heat on low flame till sago is cooked and can be easily pressed between fingers. Now add sugar to the milk, sago mixture. Add saffron, cardamom powder and nutmeg powder. Finally add chopped dry fruits (optional) and serve hot.
- sabudana kheer will be thick, if you like thin kheer add 1 cup of water to 2 cups of milk.