Sungtache Hooman with aamli/Prawn Curry is delicious curry made with coconut and prawns with tangy raw mango flavour. It can be served with Rice. In konkan area it is served with brown rice/ukade tandul.
- 1 cup Prawns/Shrimps, shelled and deveined
- 1 ½ cup grated coconut
- 1 tbsp. Red Chilly Powder
- 1 tsp turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 ½ medium size Onion chopped
- 1 small raw mango chopped into big chunks
- salt to taste
- 2 pinches of asafetida
- 1 tsp oil
- Wash prawns and marinate with salt, a pinch of turmeric powder and a pinch of chilly powder for about 10 minutes.
- Grind grated coconut, turmeric powder, 1/2 onion, coriander powder, chilly powder to fine paste and set aside.
- Add oil to a saucepan; add remaining chopped onions, prawns, stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add asafoetida, raw mango pieces and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add masala paste to prawns.
- Add salt to taste and cook for 3 minutes by adding water as needed.
- The consistency should be like curry.
- Serve with Rice.