- 2 lbs. prawns or large shrimp
- ½ tsp. peppercorns
- 10 cardamom pods
- 2” cinnamon stick
- 10 cloves
- 10 curry leaves
- ½ tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp. Ginger paste
- 2 tbsp. Garlic paste
- 2/3 cup Oil
- 2/3 cup Malt Vinegar
- 2/3 cup Chopped Onions
- 10 whole red chili or to taste
- 5 tsp brown sugar or a 1 inch cube jaggery
- Salt- to taste
- ½ cup Chopped tomatoes
1. Devein prawns; clean them with water at least 2 times.
2 Blend the peppercorns, cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves, cumin seeds and red chili in a coffee grinder – add vinegar and keep aside.
3. Heat Oil in a wok and then deep Fry prawns until golden brown. Remove and keep aside.
4. Add Onions to the hot oil in the Kadhai or wok and sauté well till Golden Brown and then add Ginger and Garlic pastes to it. Stir for a Minute and then add Chopped tomatoes to it followed by blended paste.
5. Stir for 2-3 Minutes and add Fried prawns, Curry Leaves, Sugar and Salt.
6. Cook well till the prawns become tenderServe hot with boiled rice