- 15 Mussels cleaned
- turmeric powder
- red chilli powder
- 5 tablespoons Oil
- Salt (As per taste)
- Wash the mussels well before taking them out of the shells, pry open and retain the flesh.
- Discard the shells. You get cleaned mussels in the market which is more convenient.
- Marinate in salt,chilli powder, and turmeric powder for 15 minutes.
- Heat frying pan, smear with a little oil.
- Roll mussels in rice flour/rawa and arrange them separately on the frying pan.
- Pour 3 to 4 tsp of oil over them.
- Let them fry on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Then turn over using tongs and let it fry for another 6 to 7 minutes.
Add oil if needed.Fry until they are light brown.Serve with Rice and fish curry.