Kairiche Panhe or Raw Mango drink is tangy sweet in taste. It is refreshing drink on a hot summer day. It helps to cool down the body and reduce the body heat. It can be stored in the refrigerator and served at the last minute by adding water or ice cubes.
Raw Mangoes (2-3 medium sized or 1 Large)
½ cup Sugar
1 tsp Cardamom powder
2-3 strands Saffron -
Salt - To taste (Black Salt /Rock salt - Gives better taste)
Water - to boil the mangoes
- Clean the raw mangoes in warm water to discard the sap (dhik/dink).
- Boil the mango/mangoes in a pressure cooker for 2 whistles or outside in a thick bottomed pan until u can see the mango get tender and skin getting peeled.
- Let it cool. Peel the skin when cooled, de- seed it and remove the pulp.
- Mash the pulp and add sugar (Add sugar according to the sourness of the raw mango and your taste).
- You can also blend it to a smooth consistency in a blender.
- It should be sweet and tangy to taste. In a thick bottomed pan, heat the mixture over medium heat. Let bubbles rise on top.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat when it thickens a little bit and let cool. Add the cardamom Powder, Saffron Strands and pinch of salt.
- When cool fill it in a clean and dry glass jar.
- It will stay at least for a month in the refrigerator. While serving, add a desired amount of chilled water (Just to make it thin enough) and/or ice cubes depending on your choice. You can also add cumin powder to this drink. replace sugar with jaggery