- 3 large mackerels (scalled)
- 2 medium size onions
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 5 cm ginger
- 1 cup grated coconut (optional)
- 3 tsp red chilly powder
- 4 green chillies
- 4 cocums dry
- Salt to taste.
- Cut mackerels into 7 or 8 thin pieces.
- Apply salt, marinate for 15 minutes and wash.
- Cut onion and green chillies fine.
- Grate ginger. Mix all ingredients with 1 ½ cup water and simmer over low heat for approximately 7-10 minutes,
- until the onion is cooked and the water evaporates.
- Serve with rice and curry or roti.