- 4 Hot and sour mackerel (scaled)
- 8 red chilies or 2 tbsp red chili powder (red cayenne pepper powder)
- 2 tsp turmeric
- Small marble sixe ball tamarind or 1 tsp tamarind paste
- 1 ½ cup grated coconut
- 4 green chilies
- 4 cocums dry
- 6 teffal
- Salt to taste.
- Cut mackerels into 7 thin pieces.
- Apply salt, marinate for 15 minutes and wash.
- Grind coconut, red chillies, turmeric and tamarind to fine paste and dilute with 1 /12 cup water.
- Add paste along with slit green chillies, salt teffal, cocum pieces.
- Add mackerel pieces and simmer until gravy starts to thicken.