Egg Omlette is perfect for breakfast or brunch. It is quick dish which does not take much time. You can make it healthy by adding vegetables of your choice. In Konkan region omlette is served with bread and chicken Rassa(gravy) in restaurants and small stalls.
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Onion (cut into small pieces)
- 2 Green chilies (cut into small rounds)
- Pinch of turmeric
- Red chilli powder ½ tspn
- 1 small size tomato (cut into small pieces) (optional)
- 1 tbspn Coriander leaves, chopped (optional)
- Oil/ghee/butter ½ tea spn
You can add vegetables like mushroom, corn, peas, sprouts, cabbage according to your taste.
- Mix onion, tomato, chilies (or chili powder), pinch of turmeric, chopped coriander and salt very nicely.
- Now add the egg to it and mix well with spoon or egg beater to make it fluffy.
- Heat frying pan, apply oil or ghee or butter to it.
- Pour the egg mixture on pan. Lift the tava and tilt it sideways to spread the mixture on pan evenly.
- Reduce the flame and fry it from both sides.
- Serve it with bread or Roti.