Chincha gul dal is a simple dal, can be served with Rice or eaten with chapati. You can be creative by adding vegetables like dudhi ,methi,spinach, eggplant depending on your choice and availability.
- 1 cup toor daal, cooked
- ½ methi (fenugreek) seeds
- 1 tsp gul (jaggery)
- 2 tsp tamarind paste
- 2 tsp goda masala
- 4-5 stalks of coriander leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- Pinch of asafetida
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 5 curry leaves
- Heat oil in a thick bottom pan.
- Add the mustard seeds, as they start spluttering, add methi seeds, then the turmeric.
- Next, add the curry leaves.
- Add the cooked dal, the tamarind, jaggery, goda masala, and salt.
- Adjust the quantity of water depending on the consistency that you want. Bring to a boil.
- Adjust the tamarind and jaggery as per your taste.
- Let the dal boil for a couple of minutes.
- Garnish with the coriander leaves.
- Enjoy with steamed rice and a dollop of ghee